Thursday, November 5, 2009

Inside

Inside

I found this place inside
It started beating not too long ago
I stretch out just a bit, and feel...
Hands, toes, something feeding into my belly
I wiggle around some more and feel myself surrounded by soft warmth
If only I could understand a little better
I remember where I was before
Happy, at perfect peace, but without this body
I hear her voice above me, and I feel so much love already
I hear other voices, little voices, so close to me
I feel a gentle pressure, now and again
And the little voices are talking to me
Light invades, sometimes, and it scares me
How long will I be swimming inside her?
The little voices seem to beckon me to come out and play with them
Is there really so much out there?
Or is this body I have just a dream?



(Tired Mom hasn't written a poem in awhile, but I think the Amazing Bump was talking to me yesterday)